Finally set my foot in Bangkok!

So many people around me have been to Bangkok at least TWICE in their life (not exaggerating).

Bangkok feels like a second home to many of my friends and they have ALL been bragging about the amount of shopping they did there, and how they miss that place and have been wanting to go back again even though they just came back less than a month ago....

SO HERE I AM, FINALLY, SET MY FOOT IN THAT VERY PLACE.


I look grumpy here. Not a very good picture to match up with the mood of my words up there hahaha.

Anyway, yes, I was ELATED that I'm finally visiting this awesome place many people have been telling me about.

During this trip, I actually found something about myself that I never knew.
Read on to find out LOL.

First day, we woke up at 4am for the flight and got everything ready and went out of our hotel to shop at around 11am-12pm!

Walked a distance to the Pratunam area for shopping 'cause that's apparently where all the cheap shopping are.

First shopping area we visited is Platinum mall!!! :D
I didn't take any pictures there and I was actually pretty disappointed. :(

So many people told me about the cheap shopping there but I wasn't very impressed.

First of all, it's probably because I just came back from Korea and bought lots of good quality apparels at just 5000won (SGD$6+-)...
Secondly, the quality and looks of the apparels aren't as good as what I've imagined and wasn't as cheap as I thought they would be.

But good thing is the people there (actually in Bangkok in general) are really really really polite and friendly!
And as compared to Dongdaemun (or Bugis), Platinum Mall is very neat, clean and spacious!

I was probably way too tired to dig for cheaper clothing anyway.

After that, we headed to Central World!


The weather was sooooo hot to a whole new level that made me even more lethargic (on top of having lack of sleep).



The next day, we headed for this half day tour being half dead 'cause the half day tour was REALLY EARLY as well.


I had so much coconut drink and tom yum soup AHAHAHAHA.



After the half day tour, we headed to this Lady's Street and got some blouses at just $3?!?! :D :D :D :D But I was way too sleepy to walk around more.
We went back to our hotel earlier that day and slept for 12 hours straight. LOL.


And we headed to Chatuchak Market the very next day!!!! :D :D :D

Although the weather was as hot as usual, I felt better after my 12 hours of rest HAHAHA so it was all good on the third day.

Didn't buy anything from Chatuchak Market apart from food and some tiny goods.




MY DADDEHHHHHH.


I'm sure she wants my ice cream. #No


We visited some other markets and had lunch before taking a long ride to the Floating Market which I LOVEEE! :D

So here's what I found out about myself.

I realized I actually prefer sight-seeing and blending into the culture than to shop around in crowded places looking for cheap goods. :O
Might take my words back (LOL) 'cause I might be way too tired to shop around (plus the weather was too horrifying for someone like me who prefers colder places).


This place was beautiful, we had a short trip on the boat.


And even had meals by the river~


Huge prawns, crayfish and pork satay!

Later at night, we went to Asiatique!


More on my vlog~ #TakeMeToThailand



I will go back to Thailand again, with more rest so I will be less exhausted. xD
It's not that I'm not having fun but if you haven't been there, please bring a portable fan along and have more sleep LOL.

Thanks for reading~~~ :D xx

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Hi peishi! mind sharing which floating market you went to? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha im going to thailand in june. finally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mind share what month u arrive bangkok? no raining season?

    ReplyDelete